Home

About Us

Services

Projects

News

Careers

Offices

Santa Clara Courthouse

 

Santa Clara County Courthouse

The courthouse, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was constructed in 1866, partially rebuilt after a 1931 fire and damaged during the Loma Prieta Earthquake. Architectural finishes were rated for historic significance and retrofit details developed accordingly. Portions of existing masonry walls were removed and replaced with shotcrete panels to maintain original wall thicknesses. This structural “surgery” allowed historic finishes to be removed and reinstalled over the retrofitted walls.

 

LOCATION
San Jose, CA